Water weight is something to fear while losing weight. It ruins your progress and leads to discouragements.
What is Water Weight?
It is excess water that your body holds. It causes bloating and puffiness in your abdomen, thighs, and other parts of the body. Water weight causes weight loss fluctuation by 4 pounds a day when you are using Phentermine. Ensure that you are taking your daily dosage as per prescription to get through water weights.
How Can You Tell that You Have Water Weight?
It is visible through the puffy appearance of your fingers, wrist, and hands. Keep track of your weight by using a weight scale. Record your daily weigh-ins to determine retentions. If the percentage of your weight is similar for three to four days, it means that you are retaining water.
How to Prevent Water Weight while Using Phentermine?
- Cut down your calorie intake and avoid too much salt on your diet. To stave off your water weights, increase your consumption of water every day.
- Salt intake is the typical cause of water intake because sodium tends to hold fluid in the cells. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water to flush out excess salt.
- Drink water slowly throughout the day and avoid chugging them all at once. You can also add some healthy spices, lime, orange juice, and vinegar.
- Read the labels of water bottles before buying them to avoid the intake of sugar.
- Avoid eating canned and processed foods because they have loads of preservatives and sodium. Stick to fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and healthy carbs.
- Exercise also staves off water weights through sweating. It releases toxins and excess sodium into your body.
- Exercising is also a miracle worker, as when you sweat, you release sodium from your body, reducing water retention.
- Avoid sugar in any amount or form because they also cause spiking up of insulin and slows down your metabolic rate. Sugary foods slow down the release of sodium and lead to puffiness.
Other Causes of Water Retention that Occurs while Using Phentermine
- Menstrual cycle. It is a monthly process in your body that you cannot avoid. Nonetheless, it is something that you do not need to worry about because it is normal. When you have your menstruation, ensure you are eating healthy foods. Consider an exercise routine and eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Alcohol intake. It is something that you should stop while using Phentermine because it affects your progress. Alcohol consumption is permissible in moderation. Nonetheless, it is better to avoid it while you are dieting. Stick to low-calorie beverages to ensure hydration and prevent water retention.
- Imbalance of hydration level. Water retention makes you feel heavier than your typical weight. When you lack water, the body tends to hold the excess fluid. Get rid of water retention by drinking an adequate amount of water per day. It helps in releasing the chemicals that cause water weights. It also balances your hormones to stave off the excess pounds.